Tangerine Radio Haze Cupcakes
- 1 cup room-temp unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. whole milk
- ½ c. Tangerine Radio Haze (or Radio Haze)
- ½ tsp. natural vanilla
- ½ tsp. natural lemon extract
- Zest of one orange and one lemon
- Juice of half an orange and half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake tins with liners.
- With a standing or electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Using a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another smaller bowl, mix together milk and beer, and set it aside, as well.
- Going back to the standing or electric mixer, add eggs in one at a time, fully blending between each egg.
- Once all eggs have been added, add your flour mixture on low speed in three batches, with two additions of the beer-milk mixture alternated between.
- Once all of the flour mixture and beer-milk mixture has been blended into your batter, add your zests, juice, and extracts and mix for 15-30 seconds until fully incorporated.
- Fill cupcake tins about halfway full and bake until fully cooked (a toothpick inserted into the middle cupcake on the tray should come out clean) 17-21 mins.
- Top with your favorite vanilla buttercream or citrus cream cheese icing and enjoy!
Author’s Note: In baking, it’s very important to have all of your ingredients at room temp! Make sure your eggs, milk, beer, and butter are all at room temp and these will come out fluffy each time! We topped our cupcakes with Lemon + Orange Cream Cheese Icing, and they came out perfectly! Radio Haze pairs perfectly in this cake thanks to its strong citrus notes and low bitterness. Enjoy!