NoDa Brewing Company is preparing for substantial and sustained growth. We are expanding production capacity and distribution territories and we are looking for the next great member to join our team! We are a diverse group of individuals that share the passion for craft beer and beverages with the emphasis on our customer’s experience. We support diversity, community engagement and responsibility, and individual growth. We expect new team members to come with energy and enthusiasm and a desire to continually improve.
Overview: The Senior Brewery Maintenance Technician performs regular repair and preventative maintenance on the brewery’s production and packaging equipment. They maintain and ensure the efficient operation of the production facility with a focus on safety and quality. Their work must be planned, scheduled and communicated to the head of production to ensure that it fits within the production and packaging schedules. They oversee outside equipment and service contractors related to maintenance and service projects.
Full Time. Based in Charlotte, NC.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practices a culture of safety.
- Communicates with appropriate production or packaging personnel affected by work projects.
- Repairs and maintains mechanical equipment and machines such as motors, conveyor belts, pumps, and production machines.
- Develops and leads ongoing safety training programs for general warehouse safety as well as use of industrial powered vehicles such as forklifts and scissor lifts.
- Repairs electrical equipment as needed.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance plans and procedures to ensure reliable equipment operation.
- Oversees and manages various equipment projects (new and existing) including specification, procurement, installation, start-up and ongoing operation.
- Performs facility maintenance and repair duties. Determines priority and schedules accordingly to fit into the production and packaging schedule.
- Establishes primary contact with and oversees work of outside vendors that perform more complicated and specialized projects or tasks.
- Defines costs, schedules and work required for all projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- A consistently positive attitude.
- Experience with beverage packaging lines, chillers, boilers, electrical, gas, and plumbing.
- Analytical and thorough research skills.
- Excellent communication skills in-person and electronically.
- Extremely well organized with a structured approach to a work plan.
- Able to multitask, track and complete numerous concurrent projects.
- Persistent and focused on tasks at hand.
- High-quality standards.
- Has an in-depth technical knowledge of machinery, engineering, and electrical work.
- High level of mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Problem solving ability to help correct an issue on the spot and keep production on schedule.
- TIG and MIG welding experience preferred.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is required to be on his/her feet for a large portion of the day/shift. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel tools or controls; must be able to lift and/or move heavy objects; must be able to move 75 pounds of mass off the ground.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary package
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
For instructions for how to apply – click here.