Ramble On Red Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 lbs. pork baby back ribs (membrane removed)
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp. Coleman’s mustard powder
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 1.5 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Korean red chile flake
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- 9 oz. NoDa Brewing Company Ramble On Red Red Ale
- Combine brown sugar, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, paprika, white and black pepper, and chile flake together in a small bowl and stir to mix together.
- Place ribs on a sanitary surface or cutting board and slather ribs with mustard. Gently press the dry rub onto ribs until completely covered.
- Set up Instant Pot/pressure cooker with trivet/roasting rack inside. Pour beer in Instapot. Rest ribs on rack in an X pattern.
- Cover with Instant Pot lid, ensure the valve on top is at the seal location, and pressure cook for 20 minutes. (Manual, 20 minutes).
- Let naturally release for 10 minutes, then pop valve to open and let pressure drop before opening the lid.
- Take ribs out of cooker and place ribs on an aluminum foil wrapped baking sheet on a rack. Preheat oven to broil or heat your favorite grill to high.
- Brush ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce (or make your own) and broil or grill until you see a little char for flavor/caramelization.
- Serve as is or pair with slaw, potato salad, etc. Pairs well with Ramble On Red!