POSITION SUMMARY: The packaging team fulfills several key roles on the production team. The packaging team is responsible for high quality packaging of a high quality product. As such, he/she is expected to be the best example of an exemplary employee in that particular job position.
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Status: Full Time
- Benefits: Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Company matched 401K, Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
● Practices a culture of safety.
● Demonstrates attentiveness to low Total Packaged Oxygen (TPO) pick-up in canned and kegged products.
● Works with other members of the packaging team during canning runs, as well as set-up and break-down, and both canning lines. Operating the de-palletizer, labeler, Pak-Tech handle machine, or “packing out” and palletizing the final product.
● If specifically trained to do so, operates both 5 head and 30 head fillers.
● Operates six-head manual-fill kegger to package kegged beer.
● Operates semi-automated keg washers to clean empty keg shells.
● Facilitates required paperwork to record packaging runs.
● Performs and facilitates weekly/daily cleaning duties in routine fashion.
● Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on the canning lines.
● Completes any other reasonable request by a supervisor in a reasonable time frame.
● Participates in monthly meetings and accurately reports on issues relevant to his/her job position.
● Informs management of any sub-standard representations of the brand or packaging materials.
● Performs pre-packaging checklists to ensure packaging runs as scheduled.
● Keeps management informed of safety issues, equipment needs, or product issues within his/ her job position.
● Actively corrects, improves, or enlists assistance to correct or improve safety issues, equipment needs, or morale issues within his/ her job position.
● Participates in ongoing conversations with the packaging manager and team on ways to continually improve the packaging process.
● Participates in sensory analysis of products through the lab.
● Follows all Standard Operating Procedures for processes set by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
● Able to exhibit clear passion for the craft beer industry.
● Excellent communication skills in-person and electronically.
● Problem solving ability to correct an issue on the spot and keep packaging on schedule.
● Knowledge of packaging with an emphasis on low TPO pick-up.
● Ability to read, write, perform mathematical computations such as adding, multiplying.
● Ability to effectively communicate with team members in a respectful and timely fashion.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is required to be on his/her feet for a large portion of the day/shift. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel tools or controls; must be able to lift and/or move heavy objects; must be able to move 150 pounds of mass off the ground.
● Must be able to sustain constant mental and visual attention.
● Must be able to work in a warehouse environment with powered industrial trucks and no air conditioning.
● Must work with hazardous chemicals wearing proper PPE.
● Production environment, including hot areas, sharp objects, heavy machinery, fast moving equipment.
● Packaging environment, including heavy equipment, conveyor belts, rotary filling mechanisms, fast moving equipment, and multiple pinch points.
● Flexible schedule that can vary from week to week; work required Monday-Friday.
● Flexible with duties; the ability to fill in on other trained roles as needed.
- Click HERE for instructions for how to apply
- Application deadline: Nov. 16, 2020