Isolation can be devastating for victims of domestic violence. We know this first-hand because we’ve seen a 40% increase in calls to our Greater Charlotte Hope Line in the past month. Help us show survivors they’re not alone.
We’re taking Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® virtual this year, and we need your help to raise awareness and funds in support of Mecklenburg County survivors.
How can you help?
- Register for the event and start your fundraising page, then strap on those heels and take a video of yourself mowing the grass, dancing, exercising, or even snap a “social isolation” photo (get creative!).
- Include your friends, your family, even your cat or dog in this fundraising excitement!
- Make sure to tag us with #SafeAllianceCLT and #WalkaMileCLT.
- Share your fundraising URL in your videos and ask people to give.
- Start sharing your videos on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok today!
The fun will continue once social distancing ends! We plan to celebrate with a live, in-person awards ceremony and afterparty (date TBD).
Visit www.safealliance.org/walkamile to learn more. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.